Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (13)

Waiting on Wednesday/s are hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine in which you choose a book or books that you're excited and waiting for.
This week's Waiting on Wednesday book is:
Title: The Darkest Minds
Author: Alexandra Bracken
Publication date: December 18th 2012
Pre-order the book: Amazon / Barnes and Noble
When Ruby woke up on her tenth birthday, something about her had changed. Something alarming enough to make her parents lock her in the garage and call the police. Something that gets her sent to Thurmond, a brutal government “rehabilitation camp.” She might have survived the mysterious disease that’s killed most of America’s children, but she and the others have emerged with something far worse: frightening abilities they cannot control.
Now sixteen, Ruby is one of the dangerous ones.
When the truth comes out, Ruby barely escapes Thurmond with her life. Now she’s on the run, desperate to find the one safe haven left for kids like her—East River. She joins a group of kids who escaped their own camp. Liam, their brave leader, is falling hard for Ruby. But no matter how much she aches for him, Ruby can’t risk getting close. Not after what happened to her parents.
When they arrive at East River, nothing is as it seems, least of all its mysterious leader. But there are other forces at work, people who will stop at nothing to use Ruby in their fight against the government. Ruby will be faced with a terrible choice, one that may mean giving up her only chance at a life worth living.
(Summary from Goodreads)
Why I'm excited for this:

The premise is really interesting and it really does make you wonder what's going to happen. It seems pretty exciting as well, I've always been into those books with rebel groups and such. The cover looks awesome as well!

13 comments:

  1. This book sounds so awesome! I want it to come out already! Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this one around quite a bit lately, it definitely is interesting and it is on my TBR shelf/pile. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is new to me but sounds very interesting!
    My wow
    http://ratherbarefoot.blogspot.se/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-rising.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been hearing a lot about this one! Saw it on Netgalley too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read anything by the author yet BUT I have been looking out and waiting for this title for months! <3 I hope it's as good as the premise. <3 Well, I'm 90% sure that it is based on what people are saying! Great pick!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, new follower, nice to meet ya!

    This looks great!! Nice WOW!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, another YA X-Men book? (Haha that's what I called Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi XD) Sounds good, though! Added it to my to-read list <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this sounds like a great book, I already have it on my tbr. :)

    Dragana @ Bookworm Dreams
    Check out what I am waiting for this Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really, really good. I'll have to add it to my TBR list. Great pick!

    My WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous choice!! I have an ARC of this one and I'm so excited to read it! It sounds incredible. I hope we both love it. :)

    My WoW - Pulse

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you enjoy your choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds so good! I can't wait to read it. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is on my TBR list too!

    my WOW

    ReplyDelete