Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (7)

Waiting on Wednesday/s are hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine in which you choose a book or books that you're excited and waiting for.
This week's Waiting on Wednesday book is:


Title: Black City
Author: Elizabeth Richards
Publication date: November 13th' 2012
Pre-order the book: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war.

In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable--they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash's long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they're caught, they'll be executed--but their feelings are too strong.

When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths. (Summary from Goodreads)

Why I'm excited for this:
I absolutely love the play of colors happening on the cover and the rose shattering as well! It's gorgeous and I love it. The summary of the book really captured my attention, there's something about reading the word "Darkling" that always catches my attention. The premise really got me interested and I absolutely cannot wait until November so that I can finally read it!

Leave a comment with your WoW post and we'll check it out! :)

9 comments:

  1. OoO I can't wait for this one either.. so many wonderful books coming out this fall! *new follower*

    Here's my WoW

    Happy Reading :)

    Keely @ Realms of an Open Mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks absolutely awesome. The whole paranormal/dystopian thing is one that I love!

    Here is My WOW
    Here is my giveaway of Throne of Glass (International)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited about this one too! Love the cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great cover! The synopsis sounds right up my alley. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book is AMAZING!!! I really hope you love it as much as I did when you get your hands on it :) Great pick!

    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great book. I have to add it to my TBR list!

    Mary
    http://sweepingme.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-18/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book was very popular a while ago and I still can't wait :)

    Take a look at my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I had this one on my WOW post a while back and I can't wait to read it. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How have I missed this one?? Never heard of it before today but it sounds awesome!! The Brunette Librarian's Waiting on Wednesday Blog

    ReplyDelete