Saturday, September 11, 2010

ARC Review: You Dropped A Blonde On Me by Dakota Cassidy

Title: You Dropped A Blonde On Me (Ex Trophy Wives #1)
Author: Dakota Cassidy
Pages: 368 pages
Publisher: Berkley Trade
Published on: December 7th' 2012
Buy the book: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

She was the perfect party-planning, haute-to-the max trophy wife. Now Maxine Cambridge is broke, unemployable and living with her mother and teenage son in a retirement village, with her self-esteem kicked to the curb.

Until her geeky former classmate Campbell Barker returns, all grown-up- and off-the-scale smokin' hot. Campbell refuses to believe Max isn't that smart, funny girl he's crushed on since high school. The more Max tries to show him he's wrong, the more she rediscovers her long-retired mojo. Now, she's ready to throw down some payback on her ex-life and fight for what she deserves...
(Summary from Goodreads)

Review:

I've always been a huge fan of Ms. Cassidy, I especially liked her Accidental Friends series. Whenever I read Ms. Cassidy's book I can't help but laugh out loud, for me her books are the perfect Romance novel. :) It has Romance (of course), Some ass-kicking action and most importantly SCORCHING HOT MEN! You Dropped A Blonde On Me is a very sweet novel and I found it quite sad... I cried, a lot.
Max Henderson is a very admirable woman because even though she didn't have any money, she still wanted to raise her child and wanted what was best for him. She is a mother that would do anything to care for her child. She is an amazing mother. :)
Campbell Barker he's hot and I kind of new he was hiding something. I melted inside when he stood up for her when Finley came. Campbell is a very sweet guy and he isn't too nice nor is he too bad, just perfect. Out of all Ms. Cassidy's male characters he has to be my most favorite. (Next is Greg *giggle*)
I really grew fond of the old people at the Leisure Village, they are super fun and adorable. Especially Max's mom, Mona.
All in all this is a fun and romantic read that brought me to tears. It was really great and not only does it have a hot man it has TWO! (Booyah!)
I really recommend this book to those Romantics out there.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment